Student Guide for International Students Beibu Gulf University(澳门新莆京4996app官网来华留学生手册英文版)

来源:留学生科 作者:编辑:覃斯时间:2020-05-22点击数:


I. Registration

1. Admitted international students should collect the JW202 form and admission letter for registration at the College of International Studies (located in Centre of International Exchange, office 116). Students transferring from another university should provide a school transfer certificate issued by the previous university when registering.

2. After registration has been completed, international students must attend the Freshmen Orientation Programme, organized by the College of International Studies. The orientation programme includes the learning of relevant Chinese laws and regulations, management regulations of international students, and an overview of the student guide for international students. It is mandatory for all students to sign and attend each of these orientation classes. Failure to do so is a violation of University policy and could result in disciplinary action.

3. After registration, teaching instructors or students assistants will show international students around the campus and surrounding areas of relevance.

4. Self-supported students should pay for the whole year’s tuition and room fees, fees for books and supplies, etc. at the Finance Department within 10 (ten) days of the day of registration.

5. All students should hand in their passport, 8 white-background color standard passport photos (approximately 48x33mm), and 5 blue-background color photos (about 22x32mm) for other related documents and certificates. These photos can be taken at various photocopy locations in the underground of the East Canteen. Please inquire about assistance if necessary from your appointed university representative.

6. After registration, all international students have to undergo a regulated physical examination in order to obtain a residence permit. International students are responsible for covering the fees of the physical examination at the designated hospital and administration fees at the subsequent police station respectively. A one-year residence permit costs RMB 400, The physical examination costs RMB 200. (The price was issued in 2016. In case of any changes, the actual cost will be decided by related authorities). International students should hand in their passport, study application form and physical examination report at the police station when applying for their residence permit. Students who do not pass the physical examination will be denied the opportunity of studying at Beibu Gulf University. All students should purchase their own insurance.

7. International students are required to register at the stated time of each new semester. Students who cannot return to the University in time for registration should notify the University in advance, otherwise they will be recorded as absent.

8. A student certificate is the valid identification for international students for the duration of their stay at the University. Students should keep it in a safe place, make no changes or scribbles on it, or lend it to others. International students have to return their student certificates to the College of International Studies at graduation or prior to finishing their studies.

II. Study Discipline

1. Students should follow the course curriculum of their designated college (faculty) and their teachers’ instructions and meet all academic criteria. Ensure the election of a class committee responsible for daily class management, attendance recording, and coordination with relevant teachers about class affairs. Please note that one class typically consists of two 45 minute periods with a 10 minute break in between,

2. Class Attendance Requirements:

(1) Missing freshmen orientation and regular classes will both be considered as missing actual learning periods. Missing periods are accumulated, meaning they will be added up and recorded.

(2) Being more than 15 minutes late or leaving a class 15 minutes early will be considered as missing 1 period.

(3) Being more than 15 minutes late or leaving a class 15 minutes early 3 times will be considered as skipping 1 entire class (2 consecutive periods).

(4) For scholarship holders, missing a period will lead to the deduction of one day’s living subsidy. When 10 classes are missed, the whole living subsidy of that month will be deducted.

3. If a student misses 1/3 of the total periods of a course, they will be denied qualification of the final examination; the associated student’s misconduct may also result in expulsion from the University if deemed as necessary punishment. When a total of 30 periods in general are missed, students will receive an official warning or serious warning . A student missing 50 periods or who is absent from the university for two successive weeks without taking part in any teaching activities, will be expelled.

4. Students have to familiarize themselves with classroom procedures and disciplines and act attentively during lectures; do not speak loudly, eat food, smoke in the classroom or interrupt classes.

5. If students cannot attend a class, they need to request permission for leave from the relevant teacher in writing. If students repeatedly cannot go to classes, or requires leave for an extended period of time for any reason, they should hand in two copies of the relevant application form to the head teacher and follow the University’s official procedures, which include asking for a leave at the College of International Studies; otherwise it will be regarded as being absent.

6. Festivals and official holidays of students’ home countries will not be celebrated at Beibu Gulf University and no associated leave from classes will be granted. For any required leave or celebration of the festival, students should hand in their application as stated in 5 above, before such leave, to theCollege of International Studies.

7. Students have to familiarize themselves with examination procedures and disciplines and act accordingly; absence from examinations without a valid reason will result in the student not being eligible for the make-up/alternative examination. Anyone who cheats during an examination will automatically get a score of zero for that exam.

8. At graduation or before leaving the university after the permanent completion of studies, all students have to hand over their ID cards; library cards; keys of dormitories, university activity rooms and classrooms, to the College of International Studies.

9. Students can borrow published books and make use of digital databases in the library with their library card. In order to use restricted books or resources for research purposes or special professional needs, students should get approval from their respective or relevant college, the College of International Studies and the library’s administration.

10. In order to conduct research such as surveys outside the University campus for academic or professional purposes, students should submit a research proposal with research methodology to their respective college, as well as to the Department of Teaching Affairs and the College of International Studies.

11. After the completion of the prerequisite phases of their course curriculum and/or their degree in all of its totality, the University will provide the student with a corresponding academic record or diploma at graduation, in accordance with their scores in examinations.

III. Dormitory Management Regulations

1. All students should sign the Agreement on Managing Dormitories and Equipment of International Students. Prior to students’ graduation and/or permanently leaving the campus, an inspection of students’ dormitories will be undertaken. Compensation will be required if the inspection shows that students have damaged, destroyed or lost any University equipment or property.

2. International students should stay in the dorm room appointed by the University. Living outside the campus is forbidden.

3. Students should abide by the University’s curfews; students have to be at their dorms no later than 23:30 from Monday to Friday and at 24:00 on weekends. Students who miss their curfew three times will get a warning. If any subsequent transgressions occur, an official notice will be sent to their parents/guardians and/or their original university of exchange. Students who do not obey the rules related to curfew after receiving a warning and notification of their guardians may be expelled, at the discretion of the University.

4. Students should live in the room appointed to them by the University and no change of rooms is allowed without the approval from related departments. For any room changes due to damage of room equipment or other extenuating circumstances, students should submit an application to the College of International Studies and only make changes after getting approval from the College.

5. Students are responsible for the safekeeping of all dormitory furniture and equipment, and should respect all University property in general. Do not disassemble any devices or change/fix power sockets without permission. Students will be held financially liable for any damages or loss of University property, and will be punished accordingly, ranging from a written warning to expulsion, based on the severity of the case.

6. Students are not allowed to have any guests stay overnight in their dorm. Loud talking, music or noises are not allowed in the dorm. Students who fail to follow the instructions of University policy or their superiors in this regard, will receive a warning or face expulsion based on the severity of the case,

7. High-power electrical appliances, such as refrigerators, cookers are not allowed in the dorm. Such appliances will be confiscated without compensation if discovered by dormitory management.

8. Drinking is prohibited in dorms. Students are not allowed to bring any alcohol into dorms. Students who are over-intoxicated or drunk disorderly will receive a warning; if they do not correct their behavior after notification of the warning, an official notification will be sent to their parent/guardian or the original university of exchange. If further transgressions take place instead of corrective behaviour, students may face expulsion, at the discretion of the University.

9. The University will provide transportation for any activities or excursions arranged by them that requires students to travel. Students are responsible for the fees of any travelling undertaken in their personal capacity.

10. Students who want to leave Qinzhou City during holidays may not leave until handing in an application and getting permission to do so from the College of International Studies. Students who need to travel to, visit or conduct research in restricted areas in China should hand in an application to the College at least one month before the departure date and should not leave until receiving approval from related departments or Colleges . Students who go to unrestricted areas in China should report to the College before departure.

11. Students who have completed their studies in totality, as prescribed, should follow the University procedures outlined above and leave the University as required within a designated timeframe.

12. Students who do not obey the rules and regulations of the University, or are responsible for any misconduct, such as damaging public propertypublic hygiene or physical fights, will receive an official warning or expulsion based on the severity of the offence and at the discretion of the University. Students are reminded that the University has a zero tolerance policy for any violence against others, and failure to abide by the laws of the People’s Republic of China may result in immediate expulsion and deportation to a student’s home country.

13. International students who violate the Constitution and laws of the People's Republic of China; threaten the country’s security; disrupt public order; or severely damage other people’s interests, will be handed to the public security and judicial authority of the People’s Republic of China for legal procedures and possible prosecution or deportation.

14. International students are not allowed to drive vehicles or motorcycles in China without getting a driver’s license issued by the People’s Republic of China; students shall be held accountable and bear all responsibility for any violations. Students are not allowed to use E-bikes (electric motorcycles) on the University campus; if students use or rent E-bikes outside the University campus, they do so at their own risk and the University will not be held accountable or liable for any accidents or death as a result of students using E-bikes.

15. No organization and individual is allowed to engage in religious activities in the university.

IV. Fees Stipulation

1. International students should pay tuition fees and other University fees in full within ten days of their registration date (or within the period stipulated by the College of International Studies) according to related regulations of China and the University. Students who do not pay on time should apply for an extension. As stipulated by the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China, the fees should be paid in RMB (Chinese Yuan).

2. Students who transfer to another university or withdraw from the University will get a refund for tuition fees already paid, calculated according to the remainder of un-learned courses and learning time.

3. The costs of water and electricity usage in international students’ dorms will be calculated according to related methods. Exchange students may have a certain free quota based on the cooperation agreement signed between the two universities, but the excess fees should be covered by students themselves. International students who study at Beibu Gulf University fulltime are responsible for covering all water and electricity fees, the cost of which is calculated per average usage per international student. Fees for water and electricity should be settled in RMB (Chinese Yuan).

4. Students  should pay for other fees including boarding fees, telephone bills, internet fees, tourism expenses and insurance(exchange students excluded) .

5. Students should pay for their own (as well as accompanying people’s) expenses of university related experiments, internships, research and professional visits.

6. The fees for exchange students should be conducted based on the exchange agreement between Beibu Gulf University and the student’s original university.

V. Withdrawal from University, Transfer to another University, Suspension of Studies and Expulsion from University

1. Withdrawal from University:

If students want to discontinue their studies under special circumstances and firmly uphold their decision, they should submit an application for withdrawing from the University. For students who withdraw from the University or transfer to another university, Beibu Gulf University can provide them with an academic record with a clear indication of time spent at Beibu Gulf University and the courses completed. Students who withdraw from the University can get a tuition refund settled in RMB (Chinese Yuan), calculated based on actual un-finished courses (students who are expelled from the University will get no refund).

2. Transfer to another University:

Students who want to transfer to another university under special circumstances should hand in an application to do so. These students will get an academic record with a clear indication of time spent at Beibu Gulf University and the courses completed. Students who transfer to another university can get a tuition refund settled in RMB (Chinese Yuan), calculated based on actual un-finished courses (students who are expelled from the University will get no refund).    

3. Suspension of Studies:

Students who want to suspend their studies under special circumstances should hand in an application to do so. These students will get an academic record with a clear indication of time spent at Beibu Gulf University and the courses completed. The total length of suspension may not exceed four semesters. If students want to remain eligible for future study after the suspension, they will receive no tuition refund. The tuition fee of completed courses will be deducted, and the remaining fees will be used for payment of tuition fees when they resume their studies.

4. Expulsion from School:

Students will get expelled from the University if they commit any if the following offences or violations:

(1) Violate the laws of the People’s Republic of China that constitute a criminal offence.

(2) Organize and incite incidents that disrupt the public order and/or teaching order; destabilize stability and unity; or insult and defame other people without correction of their own transgressive behavior.

(3) Cause severe loss or harm due to the destruction or damage of public property, property of the nation’s citizens or any people protected under the law.

(4) Commit serious violations such as stealing without corrective behavior; prostitution or inappropriate sexual behavior; excessive drinking, gambling or physical fighting.

(5) Conduct illicit cohabitation.

(6) Do not pay for tuition fees or boarding (dorm) fees after notification to do so.

(7) Cheat during examinations.

(8) Seriously violate regulations of Beibu Gulf University.

Please note that students who get expelled from the University will get no tuition refund.

VI. Safety Education and Management

In order to clearly define and standardize the safety education and management of students when they are outside the University campus; enhance the efficiency of safety management; and to protect students’ livelihood, safety and property; the College of International Studies stipulate the following procedures for students, in accordance with national policy issued by the Ministry of Education and the Education Department of Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region:

1. The following objectives and procedures are applicable to international students studying in China for a length of six months or more.

2. Scope of Safety Education and Management:

International students have to abide by the following safety education and management protocol when leaving the University campus at all times, including festivals/holidays and vacations.

3. Responsibilities of Relevant Departments:

(1) The college will arrange safety education lessons for the students before the holidays and at the end of the semester.

(2) Special safety education lessons will be held temporarily at prescribed periods for students outside the campus.

4. The approval process for formal class- and group activities outside the campus:

(1) The group is responsible for writing and submitting the application. (How many students will take part in the activity? Where do you want to go? When will you go? When will you be back? What are you going to do? What kind of transportation will you use? The details of the safety measures to be undertaken?)

(2) For group activities, approval from the supervising teacher will be required. (The type of activity? Who will be in charge of the activity? The group leader needs to sign the application for the group activity.)

3)The approval of the Dean of the College of International Studies is required for group activities outside the University campus.

4) The approval of a senior leader of Beibu Gulf University is also required.

5)The approval of the application should be filed at the College of International Studies.

5. The area of the class- and group activities outside the campus is limited to downtown Qinzhou or within a 100km radius of Qinzhou.

6. Notification of class- and group activities outside the campus:

1)The supervising teacher should arrange and manage the safety and emergency measures of students, and is responsible for the discipline of the students.

2)The supervising teacher should ensure the safety of transportation and abide by traffic regulations (the condition of transportation vehicles, the speed of transportation vehicles, awareness and mitigation of adverse weather conditions.)

3)Students are not allowed to go swimming and boating in water. Students are prohibited from entering and socializing in dangerous or restricted areas. Students are not allowed to wander of alone or act independently from the group. The supervising teacher should count and monitor the number of the students. Avoid suspicious or threatening people or activities at all times.  

4)Pay attention to the dietary hygiene and safety outside the campus and avoid the occurrence of any kind of food related accidents, such as allergic reactions.

7. Notification to be provided by individual students who leave the Campus:

1)Students have to write a note and get approval from teachers if they want to go outside during regular classes.

2)Students are required to pay attention to traffic rules and regulations and ensure their safety if they leave the campus. Students should avoid going outside the campus alone, especially at night. Pay attention and avoid any attempted theft, robbery, personal injury or other high risk situations. Be aware of and prevent being a victim of fraudulent activity at all times. Students must ensure the safety and protection of personal security and -property.

8. Ensuring group and personal protection:

1)Traffic safety; traffic accidents are one of the main causes of individual and group fatalities. Using E-bikes on campus is strictly prohibited. Students are strongly discouraged from riding E-bikes outside the campus on public roads and do so at their own risk.  

2)Individuals and groups are not allowed to enter or socialize in dangerous or restricted areas such as lakes and rivers, as it accounts for a many student accidents.

3)Fire safety should be maintained at all times (such as the use of fireworks), as it is another major cause of individual and group accidents.

9. Students are not allowed to host activities at remotes places outside the campus. In order to prevent robberies and injuries, students are not allowed to go to the high risk areas outside the campus, such as railway lines.

10. Regulation and procedures for the student who break the above mentioned rules:

1)Unapproved leave will be considered as an unexcused absence if a student leaves the campus during class times. The student will receive a warning if the violation is considered serious.

2)If students organize group activities without approval, the group leader will receive a warning, depending on the severity of the situation. If a student accident occurs during the unapproved activity, the group leader will be punished in the form of a demerit that will be filed on their official university record. They may also be investigated for legal and financial liability.

3)For violation of the rules, student(s) will be criticized in a public notice. If the student(s) refuses, they will receive a disciplinary warning and will subsequently be expelled from the university.

Ⅶ. Annual Review of Beibu Gulf University International Student Scholarships.

The application details are outlined in the document, Implementation Rules of Beibu Gulf University International Student Scholarships.

Ⅷ. Applications for International Students’ Graduation and Diploma.

Please consult the document, Regulation on Applications for Beibu Gulf UniversityInternational Students’ Graduation and Diploma

Ⅸ. FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions

1. Where can I have a meal?

When freshmen arrive at the university they will be shown all relevant campus departments and instructed by their head teacher or counselor or student assistant on how to obtain a university card that can be used at canteens. Students can enjoy meals at either the East (Humanities) canteen or West (Science and Engineering) canteen, the underground supermarkets, or the outdoor market opposite the east entrance of the campus. Canteen cards can be used almost anywhere on campus, but some places might require cash. Digital payments via your Wechat app or Alipay app are also commonly accepted.

2. How to make telephone calls and connect to the internet?

When freshmen arrive at the university, a representative of the College of International Studies will help them to get a local SIM card and connect to the internet.

3. How can relatives send me money from abroad?

They can transfer money from a bank abroad into your account in China. Please consult the bank clerks for more information.

4. Where can I send or receive a fax?

Under special circumstances you can send and receive a fax at the offices of the College of International Studies if you get the approval to do so.

5. What is my detailed mailing address on the campus if I want to receive mail?


Your full name (preferably your Chinese name if you have one)

Beibu Gulf University

12 Binhai Avenue

Qinzhou, Guangxi


People’s Republic of China

You can bring your student card (or related certificate) to get the mail at the post office on campus if your mail has arrived; delivery times vary from country to country. Your mail will be stored at the post office during vacations, but it will also remain open in case you want to collect your mail, except for a week during Spring Festival (Chinese New Year) in February.  

6. Where can I send mail?

At the post office or the express courier company on campus. You can also post mail at Qinzhou’s post office.

7. If my family or friends come to visit, can they stay in my dorm room?

No, they may not. According to the law, foreigners should register at the local police station, so they cannot lodge in your room. Please assist them in finding alternative accommodation in a hotel nearby.

8. Can I have parties in my dormitory?

No, you cannot, because it may disturb your roommates. You can have a party in an available classroom or at public spaces on campus. Please observe and consider the university’s timetable accordingly.

9. Can male students visit the female students’ dormitories?

No. Male students are not allowed to enter female students’ dormitories during break time. If a male student wants to enter during non-rest time, he has to apply for an entry permit to the female dormitory with his student ID card and register when he arrives and leaves, and vice versa.

10. Can I keep a pet?

No, you cannot, because it may disturb your roommates. Also, infectious diseases may spread via pets.

11. Can I ride a motor-cycle or drive a car with an International Driving License?

No, you must not. You can drive in the Chinese Mainland only if you have a formal license issued by the traffic authorities in China. It is illegal to drive without a Chinese license. If a foreigner has a traffic accident in China, it will be handled according to Chinese laws.

12. What kind of students should have a health certificate?

Those planning to study in China for more than 6 months.

13. I have taken a physical examination before coming to China. Do I have to do it again here?

Yes. You must undergo a health check again at the local hospital if you plan to study in China for more than 6 months even if you underwent one in your home country.

14. For how long is the health certificate valid?

It is valid for 12 months from the date of issue.

15. What will happen if I don’t take the physical examination?

If you don’t take the PE, you will not be allowed to extend your visa or receive a residence permit, which means you cannot study at our university.

16. What are the working hours of the University administrative staff?

8:00-11:40,14:30-17:30, Monday to Friday. The offices are closed on weekends and holidays.

17. Do the teachers come to work during the summer- or winter vacations?

No, they don’t. In a case of emergency, please tell your supervising teacher to contact the teacher concerned.

18. Where can we study after class?

Besides your dormitory, the library and classrooms are open to students on campus.

19. Can I leave the university or visit my home country during the academic semester?

Usually, no. However, it may be permissible under special circumstances. Please complete the application for leave and have it signed by the Dean of the College of International Studies before you leave the campus. After returning to the university, you must report to office of International Students Affairs and affiliated College.

20. Can I have a part-time job?

No, you cannot. According to the law, those who are found in employment without permission from the authorities concerned shall be fined up to 1000 Yuan, and those whose offences are serious may also be ordered to leave the country within a specified timeframe.

21. What should I do if my bank card is swallowed at the ATM?

Please stay where you are and phone your Chinese student representative or teacher for help. Never trust strangers who are willing to provide assistance.

22. What should I do if I lose my bank card or account book?

Immediately ask for help from your Chinese student assistant or counsellor or supervising teacher. Take your passport to the bank to apply for a new bank card. Consult the bank’s staff for more details.

23. What should I do if I lose my passport?

If this happens in Qinzhou, please report it in writing to the Qinzhou Police Station, Exit and Entry Administration Division. If it happens in another city, report to the local police station. The police will assist you.  

24. What should I do if my belongings are stolen or lost?

If this happens in your dorm, immediately report it to the safety guard and the teacher on duty. If this happens in Qinzhou city or elsewhere, immediately report it to the local police station (you can dial 110 for help) for a certificate for loss of property.

Information related to student services

1. Relevant Departments for International Students:

College of International Studies (Department of International Exchange) In charge of the international student affairs, including studies and campus life.

Address: Room 116, Centre of International Exchange

Tel: 0777-2808587 / 0777-2804168

Fax: 0777-2804168

Finance Office: in charge of tuition and campus cards.

Address: office 1-137, Administration Building

Tel: 0777-2808109(tuition)/ 0777-2807370(recharging the campus card)

Students Dormitory Office: in charge of repairing dormitory equipment.

Located in the dorm buildings.

2. Shopping malls in Qinzhou and surrounding scenic spots

Shopping malls:

Saige shopping mall

Niannianfeng (Dream Island) shopping mall, which has a Wallmart, KFC, Pizzahut, various restaurants, a cinema, a gym, games centre and a KTV Kareoke. It is situated two blocks from one of the two MacDonalds in Qinzhou.

RT Mart is another big supermarket which offers free daily transportation, and is conveniently situated next to the popular Mayotheme KTV.


Bus number K9 (goes directly to Niannianfeng shopping mall).

Bus number 22, which connects to bus numbers 1, 2 and 3 at its first stop.

Please note that Qinzhou East Railway Station provides high-speed railway services to cities such as Nanning (the capital of Guangxi) and the world famous scenic city of Guilin, as well as overnight sleeper trains to other cities around China’s mainland.

Please remember to take your passport for any long-distance bus or train trips; it will be required when you purchase a ticket and at departure. Students have to submit an application and follow correct University procedures, as per above, when undertaking long-distance journeys.  

Scenic spots in town:

Liu Yongfu’s Former Residence, Feng Zicai’s Former Residence, Linhu Park, Garden Show Park, Qinzhou Square, Mengyuan Square, Zhongshan Park.

Scenic spots near Qinzhou

Sanniang Bay, Bazhai Village Ditch, Dalu Village, Liufeng Mountain, Wuhuang Mountain.

3. Useful telephone numbers in Qinzhou

Exit and Entry Administration Division,Qinzhou Public Security Bureau: 0777-2834178

Qinzhou Bus Station: 0777-2814848 (Has a bus that goes directly to Nanning International Airport.)

Qinzhou City Police Emergency Hotline: 110

Fire Emergency Hotline: 119

Emergency Hotline: 120

澳门新莆京4996app官网澳门新莆京4996app官网处、港澳台事务办公室、澳门新莆京4996app官网  版权所有

©2018 College of International Studies,  Beibu Gulf University


电话:办公室 2804168,留学生办公室 2808587  邮编:535000