A letter to all the international students
At Beibu Gulf University
Dear International students,
I hope this letter finds you well. Currently, everyone is concerned with the outbreak of the pneumonia caused by a new strain of coronavirus (2019-nCoV) in China. Meanwhile, lots of control and prevention measures have been taken in China. First-level public health emergency response has been activated in Guangxi. Beibu Gulf University has attached great importance to the safety and health of all international students. In order to effectively fight against novel coronavirus jointly, we would like to offer the following suggestions:
1. Please be alert to latest notices, information and regulations issued by Beibu Gulf University. Pay close attention to the news on control and prevention of new pneumonia on official media like China Daily (http://www.chinadaily.com.cn) and the instructions on National Health Commission (http://en.nhc.gov.cn) to learn the knowledge of disease prevention and self-protection. Please have objective understanding of the coronavirus. Do not believe in or transfer unconfirmed information or rumors. Those who fail to follow it or disobey the relative rules and regulations published by the university will be faced with severe punishment according to the regulations of the university and relative laws of the PRC.
2. Please do not return to Qinzhou and Beibu Gulf University before 24th February, 2020. The starting date of the semester will be announced later. Without permission, students are not allowed to return to the university in advance. Those who fail to follow it will be faced with severe punishment according to the regulations of the university.
3. Students who are traveling or visiting relatives or friends in other cities in China, please stay in that place. If you arrive at Qinzhou from other places, please go to Qinzhou Center for Disease Control and Prevention or other public hospitals to do medical examination and provide your itinerary information to your head teacher (including the places where you’ve been to, means of transportation, etc.). Although there are no suspicious symptoms coming up after medical examination, it is necessary to stay in dormitory for a 2-week observation, and sign the Commitment Letter of Self-Quarantine. Those who fail to follow it will be faced with severe punishment according to the regulations of the university. If you go against laws of Chinese, you will be subjected to Public Security of China.
4. Students living on campus during the winter vacation shall obey the university’s rules and regulations. Except urgent matters, you are not advised to leave campus. Students who intend to leave China should apply to the affiliated college in advance. With permission from the college and the Department of International Exchange, students could return to home country. Due to possible flights changes, please check the flight status carefully to avoid being stranded at the airport. Students living on campus are strongly advised to stay in dormitory. Minimize outdoor activities, and do not organize party within dormitory. Visitors are not allowed to enter the dormitory building. Avoid crowded places and places with poor ventilation. If you have urgent things to deal with, remember to wear a mask and a pair of gloves. Please pay high attention to the personal hygiene and living habits. Wash hands and open windows regularly to maintain good ventilation. No spitting. Be sure to have adequate sleep, live regularly and wrap up warm. It is important to exercise more to strengthen immunity.
5. Please go to the hospital nearby in case that the suspicious symptoms, such as fever, cough and cold occur, and notify teachers of your college and the Department of International Exchange. If students around you have above-mentioned symptoms, please report to the teachers and take observation methods.
6. Staffs from the Campus Service Group will disinfect public areas in the dormitory buildings, including elevators, restrooms. The University has taken actions to meet the essential needs of international students, solving problems of dining, basic needs for water and electricity, and internet as well.
7. In order to contact you with emergency affairs or inform you of important messages, please keep your mobile phone on. If you encounter any problems or have any questions, please contact teachers of your college and the Department of International Exchange.
Dear all international students, it is everyone’s duty and responsibility to work together to fight against coronavirus as it concerns all our health and safety. Please believe that Beibu Gulf University always cares about the safety and wellbeing of all international students, and please believe that with our joint efforts, we will win the battle against the virus soon!
紧急情况联系 Emergency Contact
Department of International Exchange
College of International Studies
4th February, 2020